POSITION: SENIOR INTEGRATION ENGINEER/JOURNEYMAN
SHIFT: DAY SHIFT
DEPARTMENT: FEDERAL STAFF SUPPORT
REPORTS TO: TEAM LEAD
LOCATION: GUNTER AFB, MONTGOMERY
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: FULL-TIME
EXEMPTION STATUS: EXEMPT
This individual shall provide expertise to facilitate integrating, developing, migrating, and testing mission application database services in the Capabilities Integration Environment (CIE). The ideal candidate will be able to apply GCSS-AF and other production environment database knowledge or expertise necessary to support application/service developers among a variety of Air Force mission applications. This individual will coordinate database / data service tasks within the CIE and across the mission application/services being supported. While most of this effort will be to support systems within the CIE, it may also be required to support to applications/services being developed or maintained at other locations. These locations may not necessarily be at primary Production System (e.g., GCSS-AF, ERP, SOA, etc.) sites. This position will actively support the day-to-day technical operation of the CIE, including installation, configuration, and operation of computer servers, communications networking equipment, and storage devices provided by the Government used to support testing, performance engineering, development, and integration under this task order. Additionally, this individual shall support database requirements involved to migrate, integrate, test, develop, configure, install, operate, and maintain customer-supported various zones, and to provide on-call and after hours support services during non-operating hours, weekends and holidays, as required.
Beyond technical skills and application, this individual will be asked to participate in project management activities assigned by the project management. Activities may include scheduling, human resource management, collecting contract metrics, creating reports, and participating in contract management review meetings with the customer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting Mission Applications with integration into CIE and migration to GCSS or other Air Force production systems
- Troubleshooting issues with Mission Application and Infrastructure Releases
- Collecting and Reporting performance metrics data for Solaris, Red Hat and Windows servers and hosted applicationsÂ
- Operational Configuration Management (CM)
- Operation and maintenance of the GCSS environment
- Ability to communicate clearly via written and spoken word to multiple stakeholders including peers, mid-level and senior leadership.
- Accomplish all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- Dell Server / Blade Technologies
- Oracle / Sun
- Unix / Intel
- Cisco Network Appliances
- GCSS-AF IF SERVICES: Oracle 10g/11g Relational Database Management System (RDBMS), Oracle GRID Control, Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), Oracle Application Server (10gASr2/11g Web Logic Suite), Oracle EBusiness Suite (11i/12), MS SQL Server
- FUNCTIONAL & INFRASTRUCTURE: CAC & PKE & PKI, HBSS, User Accounts/ID Management Concepts,
- PLATFORMS: SPARC Solaris, RHEL (Linux), MS Windows Server
- GOVERNMENT NETWORK AFFILIATIONS: AFNIC, CITS, DISA CCC, FAS, iNOSC/NOSC
- SECURITY & NETWORK CONCEPTS: Enterprise Level Security (ELS), TCNO/IAVA/NOTAM, HBSS, PKE & PKI, IPv4/IPv6 tests environment, LRA Functions/Process, E2E Testing, Data Services (Legacy), Firewalls & Proxy Servers, Identity Management & PII Security Policies
- DEPLOYMENT: CIE CONOPS, HP PPM, Blade Logic, MS WSUS, BES (Directorate) SEP: Component Verification & Integration (CV&I)-DT&E/QT&E
- ISSUE RESOLUTION: BMC Remedy, HP Quality Center, MS SharePoint.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related discipline (or equivalent experience) or a Professional Certification and additional work experience (i.e Oracle Certified DBA, MSCE or MSCDBA, Project Management Certification (PMP).
- Security+ and OS Certification will be required through self-study within six (6) months of employment
Must have a minimum active Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain an Active
Top Secret Clearance.