Company Position Title: Computer Systems Analyst II – Storage Area Network (SAN) Tools – Intermediate
Agency/Department: Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Operations, Defense Enterprise Computing Center (DECC) Montgomery / Federal Support Staff
Employment Status: Full-Time
Location: DISA, Maxwell AFB – Gunter Annex, Montgomery AL
Exemption Status: Exempt
Reports To: DECC-Montgomery OPM 3 Team Lead
Job Purpose: Serves as an Intermediate SAN Tools Administrator for DISA Operations, Data Center Montgomery located at Maxwell Air Force Base – Gunter Annex, Montgomery Alabama responsible for Enterprise Systems Management (ESM) Application Support.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for implementing, maintaining, resolving and upgrading SolarWinds NOC, HP OpenView Network Node Manager, HP OpenView Performance Insight, IBM Tivoli, HP‑Mercury Sitescope, and BMC BladeLogic in support of the DISA enterprise on both UNIX and Windows operating environments with a focus on the supporting SAN environment
- Ability to administer essential tools, to include customizing functions and outputs supporting a matrixed team of technicians, both government and contractor, set up and maintain multiple and different supporting tools, middleware, and priviliege sets with a special emphasis on Medical Health Systems and support for CCA Cohension, which includes developing custom blueprints for software deployments
- Troubleshoot and actively work incident management responses related to UNIX and Windows systems, related tool sets and unique customer requirements, complete proper documentation, and follow through to resolve application outages and performance degradations, proactively tune ESM applications for efficient monitoring and performance, apply application patches, perform scheduled/unscheduled upgrades, and provide customer support to resolve reporting inconsistencies
- Exercise sound independent judgement in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria associated with obtaining results under this contract; and identify upgrade needs, and anticipate customer requirements by effectively planning, scheduling, and overseeing system upgrades
- Interacts with both customer and contract leadership relating complex technical issues/solutions in a manner to establish a partnership
- Improve the customer’s operating environment by providing expert support while also maintaining the cybersecurity/IA posture of systems/hardware managed/administered for both DECC-M and DISA Mission Partners’ assets
- Compliance with all safety and security standards and perform other duties/projects as assigned
- Technical Capability
- Ethical Conduct
- Collaborative Approach
- Quality Compliance
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional secure office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Physical / Mental Demands
This is primarily a sedentary role; however, some mobility and filing is required. This would require the ability to move from one location to another, lift files, open filing cabinets, and bending or standing on a stool as necessary. This position requires the ability to make read, analyze and interpret data for long periods and make decisions in a high pressure environment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full time position working an average hours of 40 per week to meet the needs to the contract hours requirement. The employee must be available during the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and is expected to work at least 8 hours a day. After hours or work in addition to 40 per week may be necessary.
Limited travel is expected for this position, less than 10% throughout the year.
Education and Experience:
- DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical Level II (IAT-II) and Computing Environment (CE) Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline plus 2-3 years of experience providing enterprise application support and administration or;
- 4+ years providing enterprise SAN application support in networked operations or software development environment ensuring mission success in support of DoD unclassified/classified networking environments;
- Equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted.
- Minimum active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) indoctrinated
- DoD 8570 IAT-II Certification: CompTIA Security+CE
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Version 3 Foundation Certification
- Demonstrates technical knowledge in enterprise application management to include performing a variety of complex assignments associated with installation, configuring, managing, monitoring and controlling DISA enterprise monitoring applications; analyzing system faults, troubleshooting incidents, and conducting series of diagnostic tests on both systems and hardware to detect and resolve problems effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrated experience in reviewing and preparing technical documentation, testing and installing software, researching and recommending methods and techniques to improve operations, conducting preventive maintenance, and managing/administering multiple technical projects with varying schedules