Company Position Title: Lead System Administrator – UNIX Systems Administration
Agency/Department: Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Operations, Defense Enterprise Computing Center (DECC) Montgomery / Federal Support Staff
Employment Status: Full-Time
Location: DISA, Maxwell AFB – Gunter Annex, Montgomery AL
Exemption Status: Exempt
Reports To: DECC-Montgomery OPM 1/2 Team Lead
Job Purpose: Serves as a Lead/Senior UNIX System Administrator for DISA Operations, DECC-Montgomery located at Maxwell Air Force Base – Gunter Annex, Montgomery Alabama responsible for managing the functionality and efficiency of multiple UNIX based Operating Systems. This individual performs duties that include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops policies, procedures and standards related to the use of UNIX based resources. Assists in strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple UNIX based systems, operating environments, and related software. Schedules, plans and oversees system upgrades. Develops functional requirements through daily interactions with customers and coordinates with the development teams on systematic enhancements or changes.
1. Demonstrates technical expertise and comprehensive knowledge in UNIX based operating systems to include performing a variety of complex assignments associated with installation, configuring, managing, monitoring and controlling UNIX operating and supporting system software; analyzing system faults, troubleshooting incidents, and conducting series of diagnostic tests on both operating systems and hardware to detect and resolve problems effectively and efficiently
2. Demonstrated experience in reviewing and preparing technical documentation, testing and installing software, researching and recommending methods and
techniques to improve operations, conducting preventive maintenance, and managing/administering multiple technical projects with varying schedules
3. DoD 8570:
– Information Assurance Technical Level II (IAT-II) Certification: CompTIA Security+ preferred
– Computing Environment (CE) Certification: UNIX/LINUX Operation Environment certification preferred
– Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 Foundation certification
4. Required: Minimum active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) indoctrinated
5. Must have Bachelor’s or higher Degree in Computer Science or related discipline and 5-8 years of experience or 8+ years experience providing UNIX system administration support in network and software development environments ensuring mission success in support of DoD unclassified/classified networking environments
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. extends equal opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, sexual preference, disability, status as a covered veteran or any other legally protected status. This is affirmed in our policies and in all of our employment decisions and personnel actions including compensation, benefits, promotions, training, terminations, social and recreational activities.
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. adheres to the principles of equal opportunity employment and takes affirmative action to provide opportunities to women and minorities, persons with disabilities and certain covered veterans. ICS provides reasonable accommodations to disabled individuals and protected veterans who identify their status and specify their need.
1. Act as the a lead/senior UNIX system administration expert within the DISA DECC-Montgomery environment; ensure all support is provided in a professional manner 100% of the time; ensure all support is accomplished IAW applicable ICS and customer documentation, policy and procedures and is documented in appropriate documentation or as otherwise directed, 95% of the time; provide systems administration, systems analysis, troubleshooting and integration support for a series of UNIX systems and associated tools without the assistance from other team members for normal operations 95% of the time in support of DISA’s mission, and DISA’s Mission Assurance partners’ missions while helping to maintain 98.5% uptime per Service Level Agreement (SLA) requirements
2. Develop and maintain work-related documentation following ICS, DISA and DECC-Montgomery provided formats 90% of the time, ensuring 95% accuracy,